THE ROYAL HOTEL, PILGRIM'S REST


THE ROYAL HOTEL, PILGRIM'S REST
The Royal Hotel in Pilgrim's Rest is composed of authentic buildings dating back to the 19th century, impeccably restored and furnished in the Victorian style. In 1986 the town was proclaimed a National Monument.

Pilgrim's Rest was declared a gold field in 1873, soon after digger, Alec 'Wheelbarrow' Patterson had found gold deposits in the Pilgrim's Creek. The valley proved to be rich in gold and by the end of the year, there were about 1500 diggers working in the area. As a result, Pilgrim's Rest became the social centre of the diggings.

 

Accommodation

 Single:  
 Double: 50
 Suites & Other:  
 Total50

Contact Information

 Tel: +27 (0)13 768 1100
 Fax: +27 (0)13 768 1188
 
 Main Road, Pilgrim's Rest

Room Name U-Shape School Room Theatre Banquet
 
Hill's Store 15      
St Mary's Hall 30 50 80 80

Room Name Length Width Height
 
Hill's Store        
St Mary's Hall        

Room Name Controls Dimmers Windows Blackout
 
Hill's Store        
St Mary's Hall        

Room Name Power
Sockets
Door
Height
Door
Width
Screen
Height
Screen
Width
 
Hill's Store          
St Mary's Hall          

 

Venue Category

Bed & Breakfast
Country Venue
Museum

Conference Equipment

Flip Chart
Overhead Projector
Screens
Television/Video
White Board

Leisure

Bird Watching
Breweries
Fishing
Golf
Hiking
Horse Riding/Safaris

Travel

Airport Nearby
Hotel Transport
Travel Reservations

Additional

Baby Sitting
Children Friendly
Disabled Friendly
Malaria Free
Secure Parking